Rodney Rose, the owner and operator of Autumn Skies Landscapes, has been a gardener all of his life.
"When I was about 10 years old I was waiting for the school bus in front of a home in Rohnert Park. I thought that I would be mischievous and I tried to move the side mirror of their car out of position. Well, the mirror broke off in my hand. I went to their door to tell them that I broke their mirror and we agreed that I would work off the cost of the mirror by helping them in their garden over the weekend. I guess that I had a knack for gardening because I ended up working for them (paid!) for 2 to 3 days a month until we moved in late summer.
As an adult, I began as a gardener at a country club in Portola Valley before becoming the Head Gardener for an estate in Woodside, CA for 7 years. I moved to the Napa Valley in 1992 to take the position of Head Gardener at an estate in here St. Helena, CA where I worked until the property sold in March of 1995. Soon thereafter, I began Autumn Skies Landscapes and began building and designing the gardens that I love so much.
Having worked in gardens all of my adult life, I bring a very practical approach to the design and construction of our projects. I know where hose bibs need to be for ease of use; I understand the best placement for lighting to enhance the beauty and enjoyment of your landscape at night. I do my best to anticipate future additions or changes that always come about and plan for them. Landscaping projects are not cheap and you only want to have a job done once, so have it done right the first time! Please call me to discuss your landscape project!"
—Rodney Rose, Owner & Operator, Autumn Skies Landscapes
- California Landscape Contractors Association (CLCA)
- Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- St. Helena Chamber of Commerce
- Sonoma Materials
- Ladera Winery
Awards & Distinctions
- 2013 1st place Winner, CLCA North Coast Chapter in the Category of Special Effects
- 2013 2nd place Winner CLCA North Coast Chapter, Category of Medium Residential Installation
- 2012 Winner of the CLCA North Coast Chapter's Achievement Awards: 2nd place in the categories of, Medium Installation, Small Design Build & Renovation
- 2011 Winner of the CLCA North Coast Chapter 1st place in the category of Medium Residential Installation
- 2011 2nd Place in the CLCA's North Coast Chapter Renovation Category
- 2010 Winner of CLCA North Coast Achievement Award, 2nd Place Medium Residential Maintenance
- Winner of the 2009 CLCA North Coast Achievement Award, 1st Place Large Residential Installation: Tucker Rd Project
- Winner of the 2009 CLCA North Coast Achievement Award, 2nd Place Large Residential Installation: Big Rock Project
- 2002 – Top 25 Commercial Contractors of the North Bay
- Featured in Sunset Magazine (Sept 2004) for work on Ladera Winery in Angwin, CA
- Sunset Magazine "Garden Bonus" insert (March 2006), Ladera Winery
- California Home & Design, Ladera Winery, "Harvest Fiesta" (December 2008)
Our Service Area
- The Napa Valley
- Pope Valley
- Alexander and Knights Valley
- Valley of the Moon
- Glen Ellen (and areas adjacent to Napa County)